Sunday, June 3, 2012

Shannon Scott and The Ring

">com/embed/KBwxT7nBRSM">">
     While reading post and looking at pictures about the GeoWoodstock X, I ran across a photo of a ring.  An actually trackable ring.  It looks beautiful !  So I went in search of the owner of 'The Ring', and Found Shannon Scott.  I asked Shannon to fill me in and share some ring info and he did just that.  I will drop in his story here so you can read what he had to say.  But before I turn the page over to Shannon, I will tell you that I will be asking him to share some of his caching experiences.  I think he could have some great stories.  What do you think Shannon?  Willing to share?

    Directly from Shannon Scott -

     Hello, my name is Shannon Scott, I live in Jacksonville Florida. I am a husband and a father. I have been retired from the USN for 3 years. I am currently in school to be a Surgical Tech. I first started caching in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba in 2004.

     3 and half years ago I was in the Black Sea onboard the USS Klakring. While caching in several countries, I thought it would be a cool idea to have a trackable ring. I started designing the ring by sketching down my ideas and also email other cachers for their input as well. When I got home I researched ring manufactures and and came across MTM Recognition. They are the makers of many NBA and Super Bowl rings. With their help, I developed 2 versions of the ring. The men's ring and the ladies ring. The rings are trackable and come with their own icon. These rings can come many different metals and many different stones. Your geoname can even be engraved on the inside of the ring. 

     I believe these rings are the most elite trackables in the world. They are less than 1% of all trackables made in America.  As of today, there are only 12 rings in existence and very soon there will be a 13th.




Here are a few videos of how MTM Recognition makes these great rings.


If you would like to  contact Shannon Scott about these rings, here's the way -
  thegeocachersring@gmail.com


2 comments:

  1. how much does on of those suckers cost?

    ReplyDelete
  2. there are a lot of options and choices. they start at about $200 and up. i tried to attach the price list but just didn't work. if you email him, i am sure he will send you one soon. i will try again later and let you know if it works.

    thegeocachersring@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete