Monday, December 31, 2012

What Will Be Your Last Cashe of 2012

I am watching a few cachers to see what their last cache will be for 2012.  Let me show you a few of what I have found.

From Landgoed Slangenburg - Netherland
Here's some pics from  Globalcaching Geocaching

Should I call this an actually cache or just an event?  No matter, it is worth posting.  What a lot of fun this looked like.  It is in Arizona, and I live in Arizona - guess it is on my 'to do list' for next year.
This is BeerCache 2012  -  GC4234H 

photo from this year
and here is one from last year- just proves this great turn out is not a one time thing.

This is the latest photo of Fido Downs that I have; taken just last week.  Here is what she and the little boy will be doing as their last cache.  I know that this event is close, but so is she to delivering.  Let's just see if she makes it. 
Day 366 of the Year 2012  -  GC421RA

The Gregorian calendar, which now serves as the standard calendar for civil use throughout the world, has both common years and leap years. A common year has 365 days and a leap year 366 days, with the extra, or intercalary, day designated as February 29. A leap year occurs every four years to help synchronize the calendar year with the solar year, or the length of time it takes the earth to complete its orbit about the sun, which is about 365¼ days.

The length of the solar year, however, is slightly less than 365¼ days—by about 11 minutes. To compensate for this discrepancy, the leap year is omitted three times every four hundred years.


In other words, a century year cannot be a leap year unless it is divisible by 400. Thus 1700, 1800, and 1900 were not leap years, but 1600, 2000, and 2400 are leap years.

How can you go wrong with caching on Beer HillThat is where Russell Corfman plans his final cache of 2012. 
Beer Hill  -  GC3ATFQ  -   
about the cache -
The terrain rating is based if you don't have a vehicle that can drive up the hill. Could be a little rocky to get up there.
This cache (and others) was put here for the "SKP Rally in Q" Event on 1/31/2012 (GC39VNE). Besides finding these caches, join us at this event for a fun-filled day.
While out in the desert looking for caches, I came upon this hill that seemed ripe for a cache.
Be aware of critters that live in the area, be prepared, especially in the summer, with lots of water and tell someone where you are going.
You can get to this hill from the Power Line Road, which is hard-packed and most vehicles can manage. Then there are dirt roads to the hill, but may be sandy and more difficult to manage.
After that, enjoy and have lots of fun!

I hate to say that I have a favorite cacher.  It is almost as bad as saying you favor one child more than another.  But - this guy really is neat and really is my favorite.  Olivier Rouet, aka Warcat, is one amazing cacher and voted Cacher of the Year in France.  Why is he my fav?  He does extreme caches.  I mean really extreme.  I have done stories about him in the past and there will be many more, and you should check him out for yourself.
From what I can see, Kleine Schatzkiste ! - GC2N3WR, was his most recent cache, on  12-12-2012. 
I asked how many finds he has and his response was, "Only 6002, but only the best." Let me show you a couple of pics from other recent caches.
and this is how he is departing from 2012 and welcoming 2013
 
Back to my own back yard -

Kitty Tattersall says that her last cache was Buteos Booty at Catalina State Park.  I have found that it was a CITO event but I haven't found any info at this point.  
 
 Well, where I am, it is nearing the end of the day and the end of the year so I will go from this post to 'What is your first cache of 2013'. Check it out soon.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment