Friday, August 31, 2012

Catcott Circle -

I have run across a cacher from Swindon in Wiltshire, with a blog I really like.  He includes beautiful photo, along with super maps and descriptions.  So I have asked if i could share some of his stories and he graciously agreed.  I pick this first story for a couple of simple reasons - I like the photo of the cows.  And I like the photo of the old car.  A couple of things I enjoy.  Story is great too.

Check out this story from Paul Gibson's blog, Geocachetrails.com

   Catcott Circle


Catcott Circle, 19 Caches, 4 Miles, Somerset
After completing the Aschcott Circle in the morning I moved onto the Catcott Circle which starts and ends at Shapwick but heads north east to Catcott does a loop and returns along the same path.
If you want a full days caching trip, this can be combined with the Ashcott Circle or done as two separate trails as I did. So, a short drive up the road after lunch to Shapwick where there was amble roadside parking.
The first part of the trail was a walk along a quiet lane before turning onto a farm track and then cross country (beware of cows) to Shapwick across open fields. Out of the two series I much preferred the Ashcott Circle, but this was a nice accompanying series to it.

I managed to avoid this field of cows which were getting very impatient waiting for the farmer to take them for milking. I think the actual footpath would have taken me through the field but with a dog in tow, I decided best to take a detour.

At Catcott village I passed several vintage cards being washed and cleaned, I assumed they had been out at weddings earlier in the day.

The first part of the trail was a little unexciting but towards the end of the trail there were several good views across the countryside as I headed back into Shapwick.

Catcott Circle


EveryTrail - Find hiking trails in California and beyond

1 comment:

  1. Howdy! What a nice looking personal resource you run! Did you organize this domain on your own?

    ReplyDelete