Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Midwest Geobash Is A Hit !

     I don't have much info as of yet, but I just wanted to post a little bit about last weekend's mega event - Midwest Geobash, held in Wauseon, Ohio.  This years event theme was "Halloween In July" and the mascot was Spook the Owl.  The Halloween theme opened up a lot of options for activities including the campsite decorating contest, with the top three winner receiving GPS units!
     This one-of-a-kind event was started in 2005.  It started out being a camp out weekend with friends in the Midwest.  Games were added and cachers from surrounding states signed up and it was named "Midwest Geobash".   I don't believe that anyone at the very first event could have imagined where this was going.
     Like I said, I know very little about this event as of now but I am working on changing that soon.  What I do know is that this event is really different from others.  The event is three full days of events, activities, contest and one of the best - night fires and what is called 10 pm "Area 51" transformation.  I can't wait to learn about that.
     I hear that there may have been 2500 in attendance and 400 camp sites that were completely filled or almost. Sounds amazing to me.

  Space Coast Geocaching Store shared their photos and info - so glad you guys were there.  Thanks so much for sharing, as always.  You are super!

     Yipee !  Here's a little YouTube video that I found showing some of the campsite decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment