Saturday, January 28, 2012

Around the World with 1,532,000 active Geocaches

     I really enjoy traveling, mostly with family members.  Geocaching and trading swag has added still another reason to make stops along the way.  We stop to take pictures, take that quick pee while getting gas and now to Geocache.  I have been real lucky to have had to opportunity to make a few trip in the past year that ended up caching trips; and I will start sharing those trips in the new post.  Every trip has post worthy info to share.

     I am hoping to venture out a little further and turn into an international cacher in the near future.   Granted - it may only be into Mexico but that is a start.  The travel into the first cache across the Mexico border is less than a 30 minute drive from the Yuma Event #9 in February 2012.  I am so there!  And I am a day dreamer so my mind goes to other countries also.

     To keep things realistic I decided to check out the facts that go along with World caching.  I am amazed and excited with some of what I found.  I'll share a bit and also supply you with the links to some great sites.
     Did you know -

Geocaches are currently placed in over 100 countries around the world and on all seven continents, including Antarctica. After 10 years of activity there are over 1,532,000 active geocaches published on various websites. There are over 5 million geocachers worldwide.
This proves that there is more to this Geocaching thing than a few bored people hiding containers with toys.

    I found this great link for Europe connections that even shows a map.  AND - you can continue to link to all these countries also:
Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, Africa, the Near and Middle East, and Russia.

     Crazy ! Right ?  so if you are one of those lucky people who bounce all over the our Mother Earth, then here is a site for you.  Or if you are one of those day dreamers like myself, it is fun to visit the sites and live vicariously thru others who have been there.

     WARNING !  I found a link that could very well induce insomnia to those who generally have good sleep habits.  I  got on this site, Cacheopedia, and before I knew it the sun was coming up.   
I bounced around some much that I found myself having to go back to the very beginning, over and over again, just to get myself back to the subject I was wanted to read more of.  Crazy stuff.  Fun stuff. Be prepared.   ( and if you don't find this site entertaining, please let me know so I can consider the fact that I may be loosing my mind )

     I hope you find yourself enjoying these sites.  There is way too much to include the info in the body of this post.  All links are easy to follow, but I really am not worried about that since we are Geocachers, seekers of hidden objects.
    
     Coming soon - Geocaching from Iowa to Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment