Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Yuma Mega Event #10 - Warm Up Before The Warm UP

When I heard about this event, my first thought was - What is this all about?  A second warm up event?  Who on earth would think of doing a Warm Up Before the Warm UP, of the Yuma Mega Event #10 ?!  Then I saw that Just Hike was hosting - OK - nuf said.

Well - I will give him credit for this being a good idea.  Even a great idea.  There are a lot of cachers who come into Yuma to make it an entire weekend of fun and games.  So why not get them together in one place to kick off the weekend - right?  When I think about it, there may be some reasons NOT to have a bunch of crazy cachers, gathered in a contained area, crazy excited about the very first Mega Geocaching event Arizona has ever seen.  Joe Highley must have known that there is a need for this event.  Thus - The Warm Up Before the Warm UP.

Knowing that I couldn't make it to Lute's before their closing time, I didn't try to make it this year (next year will be different, if he host again), but I was able to borrow a few pictures from the event site to share with everyone.


 The host, Just Hike, with friends.
 I'll be looking for more info to share in the near future.  Hopefully with some numbers. Please check back for a post named Warm Up Before The Warm Up - Up date.




No comments:

Post a Comment